The Rosenkreuzstilette series is well-known for its Game Over screens for each stage of the game. When the player loses all of their lives in the Rosenkreuzstilette series, they will be humiliated with random inside jokes or references to other computer and video games. Below is a list of all of the screens, and which games they are based upon.
Original Japanese Version
Unofficial English-Translated Version
Official English-Translated Version
Official Steam English Release
- In Luste's Stage's Game Over screen, Luste parodies Flandre Scarlet on the cover of Touhou 06 ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.
- In Zeppelin Stage I's Game Over screen, Silberflügel "Eins" is seen representing the angel in Actraiser and talking to Spiritia. This is the only occurrence that Silberflügel Eins is able to speak.
- In Iris Stage II's Game Over Screen, the Deviled Egg impersonates the Wind Fish's Egg from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and its Gameboy Color re-release.
- On Iris Stage III's Game Over Screen, there is a reference to Neo Arcadia, a metropolis in the Mega Man Zero series.
- Rosenkreuzstilette ~Grollschwert~ and Rosenkreuzstilette ~Weißsilber lack any jokes or references in their Game Over screens.
- One of the several screenshots from the Rosenkreuzstilette ~Freudenstachel~ April Fool's site is a Custom Game Over screenshot featuring Spiritia, Freudia, and a Demon's Cross.
- This Game Over screen would later be added to the official English translation as an Easter Egg alternate Game Over screen in both the Opening Stage. This easter egg is accessed by having the player game over twice on the stage and a third time while fighting Freudia.
- Starting in Version 2.01 a second alternate Game Over screen was added to Freudia's stage replacing a duplicate of the Rosenkreuzstilette ~Freudenstachel's~ April Fool's Game Over screen.
- In Rosenkreuzstilette ~Freudenstachel's~ C75 Trial Version, Raimund Seyfarth makes a cameo appearance in Grolla's stage's Game Over screen, telling a defeated Freudia her fortune. He also appears in the C76 and Web Trial versions of Rosenkreuzstilette ~Freudenstachel~ referencing the skull in the game over screen of Uninvited, a storybook game from the same developer as Shadowgate.
- This along with another unused game over screen from the C75 Trial Version of Rosenkreuzstilette ~Freudenstachel's~ were ultimately included as alternate easter egg Game Over screens. Like the others from the steam version of Rosenkreuzstilette these are accessed by Game Overing twice on their respective stage and a third time on the boss.